Re: postgres-10 with FIPS

From: Aravindhan Krishnan <aravindhank11(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres-10 with FIPS
Date: 2020-12-09 09:51:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Magnus,

The paid version I had mentioned about was the paid OS (ubuntu) for FIPS
compliancy. I understand that postgres as is completely available for
open-source.

Since we can't get the paid version of the OS to support FIPS compliancy
the idea was to build postgres against FIPS compliant SSL/crypto of 1.0.2g
and get it to work on ubuntu 20.04 for which I was interested in the
configure option.

Thanks and Regards
Aravindhan K