Building psqlODBC on newer Visual Studio versions

From: Paul Chambre <pchambre(at)deephaven(dot)io>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Building psqlODBC on newer Visual Studio versions
Date: 2024-05-08 11:17:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I've been trying to build the driver with newer versions of Visual Studio
such as 2017 and 2022 on Windows 10. It's been painful. None of the ps
scripts like the newer versions, and many of the mak files expect to be
used only with version 9.6. I managed to build the x86 dlls with nmake on
2022, but now I'm fighting with a lot of stuff to get the installer to
build (changing the version number to 09.06.0100, setting WIX, hacking
NoPDB... ).

Just wondering whether this project is still the official open source
PostgreSQL ODBC driver, or is there a newer fork I should be looking at
instead.

Thanks,
Paul