PostgreSQL Required Monitoring

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew(dot)kerber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Required Monitoring
Date: 2017-04-28 14:39:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I am a fairly experienced Oracle DBA, and we are starting to move in to the
PostgreSQL world. I would expect the standard monitoring items are
required for mission critical postgres apps, Ie, disk space, wal log space,
log monitoring, process counts,software running, connection available on
the correct port, CPU usage.

Are there additional PostgreSQL specific items that need to be monitored?
if so, what items?

--
Andrew W. Kerber