Re: GIST index : order Hack : getting the order used by CLUSTER .. USING my_index

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIST index : order Hack : getting the order used by CLUSTER .. USING my_index
Date: 2013-10-24 14:02:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm interested in the tree structure inherent to the gist indexing.
I was thinking to retrieve it from order of index.
Do you know how I could access it directly?

My use case would be to take advantage of this gist ordering to order 2D
points
s1 : N1 N2 .. Nn
so that for any given t<n, s2 : [N1 Nt] points are an extract of s1 which
is well spread (spatially speaking).

Ideally I would prefer to use the quadtree index in contrib rather than the
Gist R Tree.

Cheers,

Rémi-C