Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion
Date: 2019-10-16 12:26:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Maybe - you can re-use this backup tricks.

"Speeding up dump/restore process"
https://www.depesz.com/2009/09/19/speeding-up-dumprestore-process/

for example:
"""
*Idea was: All these tables had primary key based on serial. We could
easily get min and max value of the primary key column, and then split it
into half-a-million-ids “partitions", then dump them separately using:*
*psql -qAt -c "COPY ( SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE id BETWEEN x AND y) TO
STDOUT" | gzip -c - > TABLE.x.y.dump*
"""

best,
Imre

Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9(at)gmail(dot)com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug.
30., P, 11:51):