Re: GiST indeices on range types

From: Rebecca Zahra <rebeccazahra(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GiST indeices on range types
Date: 2015-03-28 06:52:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Good morning,

I am Rebecca Zahra and I am currently in my final year of Masters studies
at the University of Malta. My thesis is about the usage of indexes for
multi-dimensional data.

I was going through the posts regarding GIST indexes and I came across the
following
http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/39589/optimizing-queries-on-a-range-of-timestamps-two-columns

I was wondering if maybe you can help me with a question. I know that an
R-Tree index implementation is used on top of GIST to index spatial data.
Can you please tell me what type of index is used on top of GIST to
index *range
types*?

Thanks a lot for your time. Greatly appreciate
Rebecca