Connection exceeded alert.

From: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection exceeded alert.
Date: 2024-08-06 04:32:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a steps or solution for past 1 year once we
received a connection exceeded alert. Couldn't get any answer from anybody
or internet so far.

Today I checked a pgbadger report and matched the timeline and found that,
at that time of sudden connection hike (not normal), there were 3 queries
running at that time (2 update queries on table a , took 5s each, one
insert query on table b which took 2.5mns).

Anybody provide me steps what all I have to do 1. At that time of
connection hike 2. If I am been asked to check after sometime as connection
dropped to analyse.