Big table and partition

From: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Big table and partition
Date: 2023-10-14 20:46:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

In my env, I have a table 30GB where data is getting inserted directly
whenever the new block is created in block chain...

Sometimes, there is a query running to check whether the recent block is
created ?

I have been asked to do partition, i said manager since we are not at all
using the past data, partition is not required. Instead we can stop the
sync (downtime not required), change the name of table , create a new table
with same structure with original name and keep only tis month data. Then
sync the blockchain so that new data will come to newly created table and
old data will be there simply as a storage as we r not selecting any query
from old data...

Note: on a longer run, data will keep on coming in whenever new block is
created.

Is that right ? Any suggestions ? Better options ?