Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

From: Dhiraj Chawla <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kieran <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)co>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data
Date: 2013-05-21 11:14:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

I had some problems with the applying the patch because it seems corrupted
with characters ^[[m at the beginning and end or lines of the patch code.
Once I removed them the patch applied properly.

The patch is working as expected and I have tested in all scenarios that I
could think of. While reviewing I have only one doubt:

Should'nt we remove the definition and declaration of the OnCopy() function
from ctlSQLGrid [ void ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy(wxCommandEvent &ev) ] as it is no
longer being called, owning to the removal of the event trigger in the
patch?

- EVT_MENU(MNU_COPY, ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy)

Apart from this the code looks good to me.

Thanks,

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Friday, May 17, 2013, Michael Shapiro wrote:
>
>> I am running 1.16.1 (Windows 7). I can reproduce this. It makes a
>> difference, though, if you use ctrl-c vs the right-click/Copy. ctrl-c does
>> the whole entry, right-click/Copy gets just what is highlighted. ctrl-c
>> gets the whole entry even if nothing is highlighted.
>>

>> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Kieran <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)co> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Sorry if this has been raised before, but it's been a nuisance to me for
>>> quite a while and I thought I should mention it.
>>>
>>> To reproduce the problem :-
>>>
>>> 1. Open the Edit Data window on a table
>>> 2. Click into a text field containing some text and highlight a single
>>> word

--
regards,

*Dhiraj Chawla*