Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kieran <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)co>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dhiraj Chawla <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data
Date: 2013-05-20 22:56:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Friday, May 17, 2013, Michael Shapiro wrote:

> I am running 1.16.1 (Windows 7). I can reproduce this. It makes a
> difference, though, if you use ctrl-c vs the right-click/Copy. ctrl-c does
> the whole entry, right-click/Copy gets just what is highlighted. ctrl-c
> gets the whole entry even if nothing is highlighted.
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Kieran <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)co<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)co');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Sorry if this has been raised before, but it's been a nuisance to me for
>> quite a while and I thought I should mention it.
>>
>> To reproduce the problem :-
>>
>> 1. Open the Edit Data window on a table
>> 2. Click into a text field containing some text and highlight a single
>> word
>> 3. Paste what you have just copied.
>>
>> You will get the whole contents of the field not what you just
>> highlighted.
>>
>> My environment is
>> Windows Vista
>> pgAdmin 1.16.1

I believe the attached patch fixes this. With it, if you're in Edit Mode in
a cell, then Copy works more like it would in a regular text box - only the
highlighted text is copied, and there are no quotes etc. added. In View
Mode, whatever cells are selected will be copied, and quoting/delimiting
applied.

Can someone review it please (Dhiraj :-p )?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com