Re: Event Triggers are not listed in the browser view options on the Settings dialogue

From: Dhiraj Chawla <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Event Triggers are not listed in the browser view options on the Settings dialogue
Date: 2013-09-24 09:39:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find the updated patch. I have moved the Event Triggers node before
the Extensions node in the treeview. I have also re-arranged the the
display options list to the best of my knowledge. Please review the patch
and let me know your thoughts on the same.

regards,

*Dhiraj Chawla*
Senior Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Phone: +91-20-30589522

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Dhiraj Chawla
> <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > The Event Triggers options is not listed in the browser view options on
> the
> > Settings dialog of pgAdmin, which would allow a user the hide/show the
> Event
> > Triggers collection node. Attached is the patch that fixes this issue.
> >
> > Let me know your view on the same.
>
> Thanks, that works. However, I notice it's not in the right place. We
> normally display the nodes alphabetically - so can you please move the
> Event Triggers node in the treeview so it appears before Extensions
> (which I believe would be correct)?
>
> Then, the position in the list on frmOptions should be corrected to
> match. We list items there in the order they'd be seen in the
> treeview, running down and across the logical hierarchy - which I
> think means both Extensions and Event Triggers are in the wrong place
> - they should probably be between Casts and Languages (though, looking
> more closely, I think all the Foreign Table stuff is in the wrong
> place too, so feel free to fix that as well)!
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
list_event_trigger_option_in_settings_dialog_v1.patch application/octet-stream 3.3 KB