Re: CLUSTERing a partition?

From: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Johansen <davejohansen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CLUSTERing a partition?
Date: 2015-03-17 14:03:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> So is there some way that I can CLUSTER a partition? I would be fine with
> removing the partition while the CLUSTER is happening, if that makes it
> possible.

You can remove the partition first (with NO INHERIT), this will indeed
cause a lock on the parent, but that should be really fast.

Then you can CLUSTER it, and latter re-add it as child.

Regards,
--
Matheus de Oliveira
Analista de Banco de Dados