Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

From: Lenz Grimmer <lenz(at)grimmer(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Date: 2013-12-28 20:11:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>wrote:

Yeah, we don't really have space for the long variant in the version list.
> We abbreviate with RHEL and SL there already, so we should do the same here.

Sure, that's fine.

> I have pushed an update with this information which should hit the website
> within an hour. Reviews are appreciated, as I changed some other things
> around as well to make things more clear (for example, trying to
> consistently refer to things as "RedHat Family" of distributions).

Looks great, thank you very much! Much appreciated. Next I'd love to have
Oracle Linux being officially supported by the RPMs available from the
dedicated yum repos, but I guess that's something I have to bring up over
at pgsqlrpms-hackers(at)PgFoundry(dot)org first, seems like updating the web pages
is the smallest problem :)

Thanks again!

Lenz
--