Re: To be like Them, Think like Them

From: Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
To: Nathan Lee <hereisacat(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: To be like Them, Think like Them
Date: 2014-08-13 18:25:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Nathan Lee <hereisacat(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I want to get myself situated with PostgreSQL, but I don't want to be
> narrow in my view either. This is a new realm for me and I want to plug in
> to the news/industry outlets that the experienced users are in. Would any
> of the devs care to share what subscriptions, mailing lists, blogs and
> podcasts they keep tabs on?
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan

Planet PostgreSQL is an aggregate feed of the blogs of most of the people
involved in the postgres community and probably a good starting point for
what you're looking for.

http://planet.postgresql.org/
https://twitter.com/planetpostgres

And as you've already found this mailing list, I'm sure you've seen the
others that are available. This one, general & announce are good ones to
begin following. There is a weekly newsletter sent out to the announce
mailing list with lots of good info. Keep an eye out for conferences in
your local area.

If you want some real-time discussion, there's the #postgresql channel on
the Freenode IRC network
https://freenode.net/

Hope that helps!

Keith