Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Shubham Khanna <khannashubham1197(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Shlok Kyal <shlok(dot)kyal(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rajendra Kumar Dangwal <dangwalrajendra888(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "euler(at)eulerto(dot)com" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Date: 2024-07-12 06:43:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Shubham.

Thanks for separating the new BMS 'columns' modification.

Here are my review comments for the latest patch v17-0001.

======

1. src/backend/replication/pgoutput/pgoutput.c

/*
* Columns included in the publication, or NULL if all columns are
* included implicitly. Note that the attnums in this bitmap are not
+ * publication and include_generated_columns option: other reasons should
+ * be checked at user side. Note that the attnums in this bitmap are not
* shifted by FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber.
*/
Bitmapset *columns;
With this latest 0001 there is now no change to the original
interpretation of RelationSyncEntry BMS 'columns'. So, I think this
field comment should remain unchanged; i.e. it should be the same as
the current HEAD comment.

======
src/test/subscription/t/011_generated.pl

nitpick - comment changes for 'tab2' and 'tab3' to make them more consistent.

======
99.
Please refer to the attached diff patch which implements any nitpicks
described above.

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
PS_NITPICKS_GENCOLS_V170001.txt text/plain 2.5 KB