Re: python version, desktop mode (pgAdmin4)

From: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: python version, desktop mode (pgAdmin4)
Date: 2017-02-27 11:03:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

OK, here's for a rebound.
Now running ubuntu 16.04.
I pulled the pgadmin4 source from git and managed to make qmake use python3
en qt5 (the latter using qmake -qt=qt5 after installing some dependencies)
But I get an error about webenginewidgets:
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webenginewidgets

But that seems inevitable, because it appears that webenginewidgets is not
available for Dbian/Ubuntu.
See this bug for more info on that:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1579265

Accordingly, it seems impossible to build the executable because QWebView
is missing.
The error:
$ make
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -I/home/wbloos/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/include/python3.5m
-I/home/wbloos/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/include/python3.5m -O2 -Wall -W
-D_REENTRANT -DPGADMIN4_USE_WEBKIT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB
-DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED
-I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o pgAdmin4.o
pgAdmin4.cpp
In file included from TabWindow.h:16:0,
from BrowserWindow.h:16,
from pgAdmin4.cpp:29:
WebViewWindow.h:24:20: fatal error: QWebView: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:272: recipe for target 'pgAdmin4.o' failed
make: *** [pgAdmin4.o] Error 1

Is there a way to run pgAdmin4 as a desktop app (outside of the browser),
preferably using dependencies from the regular repositories, on Ubuntu?

Cheers,

Willy Loos

--
Willy-Bas Loos