Insert text to column using copy command

From: Shmagi Kavtaradze <kavtaradze(dot)s(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Insert text to column using copy command
Date: 2015-11-08 16:18:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

I want to import text to a specific column and for other columns to specify
literals/constants myself, using same copy command. For example, I have
three columns: DocID(Int), SentenceID(serial), Sentence(varchar). I want
with one COPY

command to specify DocID value, SentenceID will be autoincremented and to
populate Sentence column with data from text file. To show visually,
2339.txt file looks like this(Numbers at the beginning are sentence
coordinates.):

0,189 A few years ago , when I was looking at middle schools for my
daughter...
190,412 Having reported on a vogue for single-sex classrooms in the
nineties...

After using COPY I want table entries to look like this:

DocID | SentenceID | Sentence

2339 | 1 | A few years ago , when I was looking at middle ...
2339 | 2 | Having reported on a vogue for single-sex classrooms
in the nineties...

I was not able to find any way to use copy command to do so. Also is there
possibility to omit sentence coordinates when importing data into table?