PDXPUG: August meeting

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PDXPUG: August meeting
Date: 2014-08-07 21:28:27
Lists: pdxpug

When: 7-9pm Thu Aug 21, 2014
Where: Iovation
Who: Jim Newman, iovation
What: Elasticsearch & Postgres, a working relationship

Topics to be covered:
- A brief intro to Elasticsearch
- Indexing Postgres with Elasticsearch using the JDBC river plugin
- SQL versus the Elasticsearch Query DSL, similarities (there are some) and
differences
- Using Postgres Perl functions for some SQLish access to Elasticsearch
- Feasibility of a foreign data wrapper for Elasticsearch?,
pg2elasticsearch is still just a GitHub readme

Jim Newman has 30 years of assorted database-related activity and shooting
pool. He's currently employed as Principal Data Architect at iovation.

--

We have a new meeting location while the iovation offices are being
renovated. We're still in the US Bancorp Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak),

The building is on the Green & Yellow Max lines. Underground bike parking
is available in the parking garage; outdoors all around the block in the
usual spots.

See you there!