February meeting this week!

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: February meeting this week!
Date: 2013-02-19 04:57:32
Lists: pdxpug

Our February meeting is coming up fast.

*When:* 7-9pm Thu Feb 21, 2013
*Where:* Iovation
*Who:* Selena Deckelmann
*What:* Dawn of a New Backup Era

Backing up PostgreSQL, like most any database, has never been a simple
situation.

Come learn about the latest in backup tools for PostgreSQL. Core tools like
pg_basebackup have replaced most of what experienced DBAs used to write
shell scripts for. We’ve also got a quiver of third-party tools that
compliment and improve upon the core.

Finally, every backup plan needs a solid testing and restore routine.
Selena will share a couple useful tricks for getting this into a regular
cycle of updates that your developers and operations team both can use and
appreciate.

Selena Deckelmann is a major contributor to PostgreSQL, runs conferences,
and keeps chickens. She’s also one of the founders of PDXPUG.

Our meeting will be held at Iovation, on the 32nd floor of the US Bancorp
Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It’s right on the Green & Yellow Max
lines. Underground bike parking is available in the parking garage;
outdoors all around the block in the usual spots. No bikes in the office,
sorry!

Building security will close access to the floor at 7:30.

After-meeting beer location: Huber’s. See you there!