Re: Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)
Date: 2018-04-19 14:14:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Just to follow-up, I think if this (importing a foreign Pg10 partitioned
table into Pg9.6 via FDW) is just one of those things that isn't allowed,
the DB should spit out a very clear error. Right it doesn't so it looks
like the command executed fine so I spend a lot of time trying to find out
what happened to that table.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us