Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)
Date: 2018-04-18 21:45:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

My local DB is PG 9.6.6, remote is PG 10.2.

I created a partitioned table on remote that I want to be able to run
queries against from the local DB. I create the server and user mappings
just fine. Then I run IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA ... LIMIT TO to bring that
remote table into view on my local 9.6 table. The IMPORT statement doesn't
return any errors, but I can't see the partitioned table.

If I create a regular unpartitioned table on the remote 10.2 DB, I can
import that just fine.

I'm guessing this just a limitation of using the 9.6 DB to import 10.2
features? Could I somehow create a view in 10.2 in front of that table to
hide its true nature?

Don.

--
Don Seiler