Re: No stats after promoting standby?

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: Adrien Nayrat <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No stats after promoting standby?
Date: 2017-12-04 21:35:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Adrien Nayrat <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)dalibo(dot)com>
wrote:

> Stats are deleted after promotion :
> " The stats file is deleted at the start of recovery, so stats from
> primary and
> standby will differ; this is considered a feature, not a bug."
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hot-standby.html
>
> Or : https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31781.1508448417%
> 40sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> You have to do an ANALYZE just after promotion.

OK good to know. Interesting point but I think I disagree about the standby
having its own stats. Until replication is broken, wouldn't the data be
identical to the primary, and so the statistics should be identical as well?

In the meantime I'll know to manually analyze.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us