Re: No stats after promoting standby?

From: Adrien Nayrat <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No stats after promoting standby?
Date: 2017-12-04 21:37:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 12/04/2017 08:26 PM, Don Seiler wrote:
> Do stats not automatically get preserved when a standby is promoted? Did
> something go wrong here or should I know/expect to have to manually gather DB
> stats after a failover (like we do with major upgrades)?

Hi,

Stats are deleted after promotion :
" The stats file is deleted at the start of recovery, so stats from primary and
standby will differ; this is considered a feature, not a bug."
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hot-standby.html

Or : https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31781.1508448417%40sss.pgh.pa.us

You have to do an ANALYZE just after promotion.

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT