Re: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "TimeZone" after upgrade from 9.2 to 9.6

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "TimeZone" after upgrade from 9.2 to 9.6
Date: 2017-11-17 15:29:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

I agree that it isn't valid, and I get that same error when I try to set
the timezone to CST after I connect.

The difference though is when the client sets that timezone when
connecting, that's when the error is listed as FATAL and the connections
fail in 9.6 (and also 9.3 according to the previous thread), where as the
connections didn't fail in 9.2 and earlier. That's the behavior change I'm
looking to account for.

Don.

--
Don Seiler