Re: pgAdmin4 2.0 python wheel on Ubuntu

From: Richard Greenwood <richard(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 2.0 python wheel on Ubuntu
Date: 2017-10-09 00:34:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

Murtuza,

Thanks for the reply. I added the lines you suggested to
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pgadmin4/config_local.py and then
tried to start pgadmin as me (a standard user) with:
python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py
and get the following errors:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py", line
67, in <module>
app = create_app()
File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pgadmin4/pgadmin/__init__.py", line
311, in create_app
paths.init_app(app)
File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pgadmin4/pgadmin/utils/paths.py",
line 75, in init_app
'The user does not have permission to read and write to the specified
storage directory.'
Exception: The user does not have permission to read and write to the
specified storage directory.
I started pgAdmin4.py as root and config_local.pyc got rebuilt, but same
OpenSSH errors, presumably related to root not having access to my .ssh/
Then I tried running pgAdmin4.py again as me (hoping that with
config_local.pyc having been rebuilt maybe it would work), but got same
errors.
I'm not a Python guy so I may be completely missing the boat here.

Thanks.

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com