Re: PATCH: Table header size

From: Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Table header size
Date: 2019-02-08 06:39:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave/Team,

Just explain it -

*Change - *Increased the padding for '*th*' (table header)

*Reason - *The table header is *not getting highlighted enough* thus the *sense
of hierarchy and visual difference between 'th' and 'td' is not strong
enough*

*Case study -*
If you see the existing version of table everything looks flat in terms of
hierarchy due to 'white background' for both *'th'* and *'td' *except the
header texts are in bold.
I would recommend you to see it in the actual application for better
clarity of the issue.

*Conclusion -*
Padding does that required *differentiation part* in order to
highlight/achieve the hierarchy.

Attaching the reference design too and going further I am aiming to reach
this level of look and feel with our application.
I really feel that "a good amount of breathing space sets the user's mind
calm and focused towards reading the data" :)

[image: current_rev_2x.png]

---
Chethana kumar

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Dave/Team,
>
> As my offline conversation with Chethana, we need better look 'n' feel for
> the table header row.
> And - as per his proposal I've modified the table header row to look
> different from rest of the rows.
>
> Please find the attached patch for the same.
>
> Let me share the screen shot for the now, and proposed change.
> Now:
> [image: Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 10.31.35 AM.png]
>
> Proposed:
> [image: Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 10.29.20 AM.png]
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.
>
> --
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ashesh Vashi
> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
> <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

--