Re: Windows default locale vs initdb

From: Ertan Küçükoglu <ertan(dot)kucukoglu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Windows default locale vs initdb
Date: 2024-07-22 08:04:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am a complete noob about PostgreSQL development.
I don't know about the PostgreSQL CI system.
I will be needing some help as to how to do the tests.
I have access to different Windows OSes (v10, Server 2022 mainly).
These systems can be set to English or Turkish locales if needed.
I can also add new Windows versions if needed.
I do not know how to use patch files. I am also not sure what tests I
should do.
Do I need to set up a Windows build system for PostgreSQL CI?
Will I download some files (EXE, etc) ready for testing? Copy them over an
existing installation for testing?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ertan

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 05:52 tarihinde