Minor meson gripe

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Minor meson gripe
Date: 2023-02-09 19:01:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Currently, meson has a test suite named "setup". According to the
Wiki, this is needed to get something equivalent to "make check", by
running "meson test -v --suite setup --suite regress".

Some questions about this:

* Isn't it confusing that we have a suite by that name, given that we
also need to use the unrelated --setup flag for some nearby testing
recipes?

* Why do we actually need a "setup" suite?

Offhand it appears that a simple "meson test -v --suite regress" works
just as well. Have I missed something?

--
Peter Geoghegan