Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date: 2016-01-09 22:19:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:10 PM, drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I could stop the slave then.... But I'm afraid getting it back online and
> get some other errors

At this point I think your options are slim. If you are feeling
adventurous, you can try doing the rsync with the slave running, then do a
second rsync with the slave stopped or do it from the master after putting
the master in backup mode (eg. executing "pg_start_backup('slave_backup')")