Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR

From: "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date: 2016-01-09 22:22:22
Lists: pgsql-general

*rsync would be something like:*

from slave1:
rsync -av data/pg_xlog slave2:/var/lib/postgresql/data/

Is that correct?

At this point I think your options are slim. If you are feeling
> adventurous, you can try doing the rsync with the slave running, then do a
> second rsync with the slave stopped or do it from the master after putting
> the master in backup mode (eg. executing "pg_start_backup('slave_
> backup')")

I didn't unterstand why doing RSYNC twice... sorry

Lucas

Lucas Possamai

kinghost.co.nz
<http://forum.kinghost.co.nz/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2&sid=e999f8370385657a65d41d5ff60b0b38>