what should be the best autovacuum configuration for daily partition table

From: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: what should be the best autovacuum configuration for daily partition table
Date: 2014-05-14 07:06:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a table with daily partition setup where old partitions are static
tables that is after each day we don't get any new data in old partitions.
The database size is 2 TB and I am running with autovacuum on for
Postgresql 8.4.
Now, I am facing a problem where old tables are not being vacuumed by
autovacuum deamon and every now and then we are seeing autovacuum to
prevent wrap around in the database and age(datfrozenzid) gets high for the
database.
Any idea what should be best configuration for this type of database
environment.

Thanks.