Re: Storing small image files

From: Nelson Green <nelsongreen84(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Storing small image files
Date: 2013-05-09 15:34:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <
achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote:

> **
>
> why not bytea?

Hi Achilleas,

Actually I was asking if bytea is the correct datatype, and if so, would
someone mind providing a simple example of how to insert and retrieve the
image through the psql client.

Let's say I have an employee named Paul Kendell, who's employee ID is
880918. Their badge number will be PK00880918, and their badge photo is
named /tmp/PK00880918.jpg. What would the INSERT statement look like to put
that information into the security_badge table, and what would the SELECT
statement look like to retrieve that record?

Thanks for your time.