accessing postgres from c++

From: Rino Mardo <rino19ny(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: accessing postgres from c++
Date: 2022-06-21 02:56:25
Lists: pgsql-general

hi. i found odbc.postgresql.org when i was looking for a way to hook up my
c++ project to postgresql server. installed it and tested to be successful
in connection. this was when i had postgresql running from a virtualbox vm
in Ubuntu.

i installed a postgresql container using Docker for Windows in my laptop.
from a Windows terminal i can connect to the postgresql container and from
there use psql client to create database.

when postgresql was running in an Ubuntu vm in virtualbox, i wasn't able to
test the c++ connection. now i want to but can't find a way how. either
from python or any programming language.

i guess my problem is more of the programming than db server side but i
thought to try asking here in case someone can help. thanks.

regards,