Shared Memory hash tables only at startup

From: hariprasath nallasamy <hariprasathnallasamy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Shared Memory hash tables only at startup
Date: 2017-05-02 11:54:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi
It is clear that all of the shared memory hash tables are created during
startup using
*ShmemInitHash() *

*(In practice, all creations are done in the postmasterprocess; child
processes should always be attaching to existing tables.)*

Is there any specific reason to do so or my understanding was wrong(we can
create shared memory hash table at run time too?)

TIA
harry