Re: Potential BRIN Index Corruption

From: Huan Ruan <leohuanruan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Potential BRIN Index Corruption
Date: 2020-12-13 23:06:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tomas

The records have a timestamp column so we do know the time they were
written. We didn't find any I/O issues that match that time but
unfortunately as it's been a while we are not confident with that finding.

> Are there any other corrupted indexes on the table?

That was one of my first questions too. I don't see any physical errors in
pg log so not sure if there are other corruptions. One thing we consider
doing is to turn on checksums.

Regards
Huan