Re: Potential BRIN Index Corruption

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Huan Ruan <leohuanruan(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Potential BRIN Index Corruption
Date: 2020-12-09 17:01:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/9/20 12:07 AM, Huan Ruan wrote:
> HI Alvaro
>
> Unfortunately those records were written a while ago and we no longer keep
> their WAL logs. Thanks for your help anyway.

Can you estimate when roughly the records were written? E.g. by using a
rough estimate of WAL or XIDs generated per day, or something like that.
Maybe there was some I/O issue in that time period and a couple writes
got lost, or something like that.

Are there any other corrupted indexes on the table?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company