Re: BDR table level selective replication available?

From: Ville Rantamaula <ville(dot)rantamaula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR table level selective replication available?
Date: 2015-02-18 06:32:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On 16 February 2015 at 07:33, Ville Rantamaula
> <ville(dot)rantamaula(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > Would anyone got some pointer or a link to a document describing how
> table
> > level selective replication ought to be configured with BDR?
>
> The release will be coming soonish, but I don't have dates or details
> yet. We're not looking to rush the process.

Sorry, but I'm still quite confused here, about the conflicting information
about the availability of selective replication in recent BDR releases.

Is it so, that even though on the 2ndQuandrant BDR web page
http://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/bdr/ it announces:
"BDR 0.8.0 is now available and includes a number of enhancements,
including Selective Replication."

Alas the currently publicly released version of BDR (RPM release date
*2014-12-27 *postgresql-bdr94-bdr-0.8.0beta1-1_2ndQuadrant.el7.centos
<http://packages.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql-bdr94-2ndquadrant/yum/redhat-7-x86_64/repoview/postgresql-bdr94-bdr.html>),
which was released soon after PostgreSQL 9.4.0 stable was announced, does
not yet contain the selective replication features, but it is the next BDR
release reflecting the 2015-02-05 PostgreSQL 9.4.1 release, which will
actually contain selective replication - at least on table level?

Yours,
Ville