Re: Seeking Insights on Choosing the Right CPU and RAM for PostgreSQL Setup

From: Muhammad Ikram <mmikram(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Veerendra Pulapa <veerendra(dot)pulapa(at)ashnik(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Seeking Insights on Choosing the Right CPU and RAM for PostgreSQL Setup
Date: 2024-07-18 16:09:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Veerendra,

I will suggest

SSD storage 2 to 3 times bigger than your database to account for growth.
Vacuum etc specially if Tables are very big or expected to grow fast. For
high TPS 32 cores or more processors.
Memory 128 Gig or more. More memory is better to keep active dataset in
memory to avoid excessive I/O.

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram

--