Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Arni Kromić <arni(dot)kromic(at)bios-ict(dot)hr>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...
Date: 2019-09-10 12:24:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi All,

My $0.02. Tested the first one here (Kubuntu 18.04, Chromium, pgAdmin 4
4.12) with mixed results.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 7:59 AM Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 5:13 PM Arni Kromić <arni(dot)kromic(at)bios-ict(dot)hr>
> wrote:
>
>> Working with pgAdmin, I've found several bugs. Not sure if they are
>> already reported; couldn't find them on Redmine, but perhaps I missed them.
>> Maybe someone will recognize if they've already been reported. Here it
>> goes...
>>
>> 1) When doing View/Edit on an empty table, I cannot insert anything when
>> it opens. There is no empty row I can write into, like there is when a
>> table has at least one row already. In fact, there are no rows at all, just
>> the header.
>>
> I tried. I get an empty row to enter
> [image: Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 17.25.25.png]

Test table0: two columns both character varying columns, no primary key,
View/Edit opens without any rows as the original poster Arni wrote.

Test table1: three columns, two character varying, one primary key bigint,
View/Edit opens with a single blank row as Aditya reported.

Does Arni's table have a primary key defined? Is it a bigint? It looks
like there might be a bug where pgAdmin4 isn't presenting a row to add a
record from the View/Edit function if there isn't a primary key, or a
particular type of primary key defined on the table.

I hope that helps,

rik.