Re: pgAdmin desktop app fatal error

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alex Creznic <alex(dot)creznic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin desktop app fatal error
Date: 2021-03-12 20:19:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Alex,

It sounds like you might have a pgAdmin4 *pre-verson 5 *installation on
your machine. Version 5 is the one that doesn't rely on an external
browser, previous versions did. Adding to the confusion is that when
pgAdmin 4 v5 is installed, it *doesn't remove* any pre-version 5
installations. This has led me to the unfortunate experience of selecting
pgAdmin 4 in windows and sometimes getting version 4 and other times
version 5. I solved the issue for myself by *uninstalling* version 4.

Good luck, I hope this helps,

rik.