Re: postgis Error during upgrade

From: Ilya Kosmodemiansky <ik(at)dataegret(dot)com>
To: Roland Che <rolandngwa31(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgis Error during upgrade
Date: 2023-07-21 08:22:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Roland,

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 9:39 AM Roland Che <rolandngwa31(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello all
> i am trying to upgrade from postgres 9.6 to the latest minor version of 14.

Upgrading Postgres from such an old version with postgis is a bit
tricky. In order to upgrade to Postgres version 13 you need to upgrade
postgis extension to version 3.0, otherwise your postgis would be
broken, and you would need to transfer data logically which is not a
nice experience.

for Postgis 3.0 PostgreSQL 9.5 or higher is required, so you can
upgrade Postgis according to documentation and then do a Postgres
upgrade.

Best regards,
Ilya