Re: A first help for a beginner

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: doron yaary <doronyaary(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A first help for a beginner
Date: 2014-04-08 05:06:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Doron,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM, doron yaary <doronyaary(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a beginner here in PostgreSQL development. My intention is to extend
> PostgreSQL and write plugins for it. Can you please direct me to where I
> can find the following general info ?
>

> 1. How to write a first plugin for pgAdmin ?
>
> pgAdmin does not have any plugin support except for running the external
utility.
i.e. psql

> 1. How to insert my plugin icon to the pgAdmin tree ? (like pgAgent
> does)
>
> pgAgent node is integral part of the pgAdmin III.
It is not a plugin.

> 1. Where can I find a basic C++ plugin template ?
>
> We may/can help not until we understand your problem statement.

If you want to run an external utility, you may want to look at this
template:
https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin3/blob/master/plugins.d/plugins.ini

[Example:
http://geotux.tuxfamily.org/index.php/en/component/k2/item/277-mejoras-en-el-visor-de-capas-postgis-para-pgadmin-3