Re: Backup database runs forever

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Yury Ramanousky <udaff4eg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup database runs forever
Date: 2016-11-28 07:53:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Yury Ramanousky <udaff4eg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using pgAdmin 4.1 on Windows 10, PostgreSQL ver 9.6.1.
>
> I've started backup database process from the GUI. It was running for
> about 6 minutes than pgAdmin has unexpectedly stopped working.
> I've reopen pgAdmin. In the right bottom corner it is shown that backup is
> still running (http://prntscr.com/dcnxvm) .

Hi,

We've seen these reports, and a bug has been logged.
I am currently working on it.

> When I'm trying to connect to my databse via pgAdmin, pgAdmin crashes and
> stopes responding (http://prntscr.com/dcny1i).

Hmm..
I suspect - It should not be related to it.

Can you please check the pgAdmin logs for the same?

> After reboot the problem is still here:
> Backup process shows as running in right bottom corner (272603.01 seconds
> running for now) and when I try to connect to my DB pgAdmin is stopping.
> Killing processes from task manager also have no effect.

It fetches the information from the configuration file, which does not have
information of the background process finished/cancelled/did not start at
all.

> If needed I can provide additional information.

Thanks.
I may contact you later for the same.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*