Re: Backup database runs forever

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sibylle Koczian <nulla(dot)epistola(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup database runs forever
Date: 2017-02-22 10:59:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Sibylle Koczian <nulla(dot)epistola(at)web(dot)de>
wrote:

> Am 28.11.2016 um 08:48 schrieb Yury Ramanousky:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using pgAdmin 4.1 on Windows 10, PostgreSQL ver 9.6.1.
>>
>> I've started backup database process from the GUI. It was running for
>> about 6 minutes than pgAdmin has unexpectedly stopped working.
>> I've reopen pgAdmin. In the right bottom corner it is shown that backup
>> is still running (http://prntscr.com/dcnxvm) . When I'm trying to
>> connect to my databse via pgAdmin, pgAdmin crashes and stopes responding
>> (http://prntscr.com/dcny1i).
>>
>> After reboot the problem is still here:
>> Backup process shows as running in right bottom corner (272603.01
>> seconds running for now) and when I try to connect to my DB pgAdmin is
>> stopping. Killing processes from task manager also have no effect.
>>

> After updating to PostgreSQL 9.6.2 and pgAdmin 4.1.2 this hasn't changed.
> Windows 10, 64 bit. Very annoying!

Unfortunately - we couldn't do much about the previous execution.
We've changed to hide them, when you click on the cross button for those
notifications.
Those should not be visible anymore on refresh/on reloading the application.

Can you please check, if backup works now, not?