Re: Backup database runs forever

From: Sibylle Koczian <nulla(dot)epistola(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup database runs forever
Date: 2017-02-22 15:19:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Am 22.02.2017 um 11:59 schrieb Ashesh Vashi:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Sibylle Koczian <nulla(dot)epistola(at)web(dot)de
> <mailto:nulla(dot)epistola(at)web(dot)de>> wrote:
> After updating to PostgreSQL 9.6.2 and pgAdmin 4.1.2 this hasn't
> changed. Windows 10, 64 bit. Very annoying!
>
> Unfortunately - we couldn't do much about the previous execution.
> We've changed to hide them, when you click on the cross button for those
> notifications.
> Those should not be visible anymore on refresh/on reloading the application.
>
> Can you please check, if backup works now, not?

No, it doesn't. Again the backup (of a very small database) runs
forever. If I stop it via task manager the file is much bigger than
another backup made with pg_dump on the command line, and trying to
restore it with pgAdmin equally runs forever.

Looking at the "details" window during the backup seems to show an
endless loop.

Sibylle