Re: PATCH: Graphincal explain integrated in sql editor

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Graphincal explain integrated in sql editor
Date: 2016-04-25 11:06:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Sanket,

Please find the review comments.
- Please add the missing 'explain.css'.
- The application should be smart enough to handle conflict in options.
i.e.
Buffer is not a valid options without EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
- A statement having EXPLAIN keywords with different format should at least
render the output in the data-grid.
i.e. EXPLAIN (FORMAT xml) SELECT * FROM xyz;
- Please use the keywords used in the EXPLAIN statement in capital.
- Explain should not work with empty string.
- Font size in the tooltip is very small.
- Smoothing the zoom functionality.
- Arrow marker is hardly visible.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com