Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4
Date: 2017-06-30 07:16:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Harshal,
>
> These are initial review comments.
> 1.
> Please share a separate patch for generic code changes from this patch for
> the following files:
> - web/pgadmin/tools/user_management/templates/user_management/
> js/user_management.js
> - web/pgadmin/static/js/backform.pgadmin.js
> - web/pgadmin/static/js/backgrid.pgadmin.js
>
> This should be committed as separate functionality, and should not be part
> of this commit.
>
> 2.
> Please put a space after a colon (:) in javascript object definition.
> i.e.
> {cell: Backgrid.Extension.StringDepCell, cellHeaderClasses:
> 'width_percent_30'}
>
> 3.
> Conversion of ptid (partition table OID) to tid (table OID) for its
> children must not be in 'web/pgadmin/browser/utils.py' file.
> Please create a inherited class of PGChildNodeView, and extend the
> functionality in it, and use it as the base class for all children of table.
>
> I will keep you posted for further review comments.

4.
URL definition of the javascript for tables & partition tables utility must
be exposed from the table/partition table module, and not from the database
module.
i.e.
No changes should be done in the database module for this feature. Hence -
I don't expect any change in the file:
web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/__init__.py

-- Thanks, Ashesh