Re: PGAdmin: type geography does not exist

From: Tony Shelver <tshelver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin: type geography does not exist
Date: 2019-08-06 15:29:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 14:32, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> If you're running from the sql editor, then - you have either of the two
> Set search_path = 'teleon, public';
> CREATE TABLE...
>
> Or,
>
> Specify the schema in front of tge type.
>
> -- Thanks, Ashesh
>

> Will have a go at it. However, for those of us less pg-aware folks, it
> seems strange that running the script in psql works versus in pgdmin4. As
> far as i know, this worked on a prior pgAdmin4 release when I was running
> on Windows 10, not Ubuntu.

Will have a go at it. However, for those of us less pg-aware folks, it
seems strange that running the script in psql works versus in pgdmin4. As
far as i know, this worked on a prior pgAdmin4 release when I was running
on Windows 10, not Ubuntu.

It also works fine if I execute the same scripts from within pgmodeler
(which is where I cut the source from originally).

I am a bit wary about setting the path, I have multiple schemas.

Not a biggie for me at the moment, it was just a quick fix to test things
out prior to doing a full pgmodeler DB rebuild and reload.