Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading

From: Michael Christofides <michael(at)pgmustard(dot)com>
To: stepan rutz <stepan(dot)rutz(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading
Date: 2024-07-08 16:54:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So thanks again! and this will really help a lot of people.

I'd like to echo this thanks to you all.

While looking to add support for SERIALIZE in an explain visualisation tool
I work on, I realised there isn't yet an equivalent auto_explain parameter
for SERIALIZE. I'm not sure if this is a deliberate omission (perhaps for a
similar reason planning time is not included in auto_explain?), but I
didn't see it mentioned above, so I thought best to ask in case not.

Thanks again,
Michael