pg_ctl kill QUIT

From: Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_ctl kill QUIT
Date: 2012-07-30 09:52:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Community,

We have used "pg_ctl kill QUIT <PID>" to terminate one of the processes on
the production database and the database went into recovery mode.

We understand that we should not use "kill -9" and we did not do that.

Could you please help us avoid this problem permanently.

Regards,
Venkat

--

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential
and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete this e-mail , whether electronic or printed.
Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not
necessarily reflect the views of *Ver sé Innovation Pvt Ltd*.